Norwood-Fontbonne Academy (Preschool)
- Phone Number
- SEPTA Routes
- K-12 School
- Accepts Subsidy
- Provides Meals
- Student to Teacher Ratio
Founded in 1920 by the Sisters of Saint Joseph, Norwood-Fontbonne Academy is a Catholic independent academy for preschool to eighth grade students. Committed to a strong academic program, NFA offers both Montessori and creative interactive education enriched by service learning, STEM, and co-curricular experiences. Within a faith-filled community, students are challenged to become self-directed persons who live gospel values, enjoy learning, make reflective choices, and treasure themselves, others, and the Earth.
Points Of Pride
- National Blue Ribbon School
- Dual-Path program (Montessori or Primary) for ages 3 to grade 3. The two paths merge into the challenging, active learning experiences of grades 4 to 8.
- Only one of six Montessori-accredited schools in the state of Pennsylvania; 50 years of Montessori education.
- Students matriculate to the area's most selective Catholic and independent high schools. Class of 2019 received 25+ scholarships to multiple prestigious high schools.
- Catholic values
- Service Learning at all grade levels
- Co-curricular offerings (60+) annually that span all ages
- Vibrant and active parent community
- Unique learning spaces tailored to the needs of different age groups.
All applicants complete an Admissions Application Form and return this via mail or in person to NFA with a $110 application fee. Placement into our program is an important element of the admissions process. Whether you are considering our Montessori program, our Primary program, our Intermediate program (Grades 4 to 6), or our Middle School program (Grades 7 and 8), the NFA admissions process is a collaborative discussion between parents (or guardians) and representatives from the school. All applicants participate in an on-campus assessment and visit to the Academy. The evaluation of input from parents, previous educators, the child's visit allows the NFA Admissions team to determine acceptance and the appropriate placement of each applicant.
Safety and Culture
NFA provides all the advantages of a large independent school in a small, nurturing community. NFA's diverse student and parent community shares an appreciation for and commitment to service to others and making reflective decision-making.
Hours of Operation
|Mon||7:45 AM - 3:00 PM|
|Tues||7:45 AM - 3:00 PM|
|Wed||7:45 AM - 3:00 PM|
|Thur||7:45 AM - 3:00 PM|
|Fri||7:45 AM - 3:00 PM|
|Grade Level||Open Seats|