Grounded in the tradition of Islam and holding to the Sunnah of our Prophet, Muhammad (S.A.W), Al-Aqsa Islamic Academy strives to provide an environment that fosters moral and intellectual development. With the aim of creating well-rounded students, we are committed to four principles: faith, excellence, respect and leadership.
Points Of Pride
- Quran competitions are held regularly, one becoming a hafiz.
- Three graduates are medical residents in hospitals and three more who attended our school are also in medical school.
- In 2013 and 2014 the basketball team won regionals in the Islamic League and were invited to the Nationals in Montreal, Canada, and New York City (2014). In November, 2016 our team played with a Jewish school team at Wells Fargo Center before a 76ers professional game. Our girls/boys teams participate each year.
- The school has proven academic achievement. One of our students received the 2018 State Representative Award for Academic Achievement. Graduates go to the best schools: U of Penn, Pittsburgh, Drexel, Temple...
- We participate in the Muslim Student Association's activity at Temple University or another college each spring.
Students must produce a birth certificate, Social Security information, immunization records and report cards from previous schools (students may be tested without this information to determine appropriate placement). Physical and dental records are also required.
Accreditations and Honors
Accreditation with the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools
Hours of Operation
|Sun|| - |
|Mon||8:00 AM - 3:15 PM|
|Tues||8:00 AM - 3:15 PM|
|Wed||8:00 AM - 3:15 PM|
|Thur||8:00 AM - 3:15 PM|
|Fri||8:00 AM - 3:15 PM|
|Sat|| - |
Extended Programming Details