As a college preparatory public school, Central High challenges students with rigorous academic programs to prepare them for the demands of higher education. Building upon the diversity in our school, we aim to prepare students to contribute and thrive in a heterogeneous world. We will enable students to develop problem solving skills, a life-long passion for learning, and aspirations to be thoughtful leaders of their generation.
Points Of Pride
- Recognized as the Most Diverse Public High School in America by NICHE.com.
- Central's most recent graduating class (the 278th) earned over 25.6 million dollars in scholarships, prizes and awards.
- 95% of our 100 Professional staff hold a Master's degree or higher.
- World renowned Music Department
- Science Research Team participated in 6 different national and local Science Fairs and brought home 81 awards.
- Art Department had over 20 students recognized for their talents, accomplishments and their outstanding leadership in the visual and performing arts.
- Won 9 public league titles in athletics last year
Students must meet specific grades (A's and B's) and attendance marks (95%). Writing sample required.
Accreditations and Honors
2016 Central High School was award by the SDP the "City Leader" award for our SPR-2016 Recognized as the Most Diverse Public High School in America by NICHE.com-2014-2016 Chairman Award Winner in Robotics-2013-14 Governor's Award for Excellence in Academics (Pennsylvania)-2011-12 Blue Ribbon High School (only school in Commonwealth of Pennsylvania)-Title I School of Excellence- Pennsylvania Dept. of Education-School of Inspiration- College Board-National School of Secondary Excellence- U.S. Dept. of Education-Newsweek magazine and U.S. News magazine recognition for all years in program
Hours of Operation
|Sun|| - |
|Mon|| - |
|Tues|| - |
|Wed|| - |
|Thur|| - |
|Fri|| - |
|Sat|| - |
Extended Programming Details