Cristo Rey Philadelphia High School
- Cristo Rey Philadelphia High School, a college preparatory, Catholic school for students of all faiths, nurtures and challenges young people to recognize and realize their full potential as they learn to love others, grow in their faiths, and serve the common good.
- The school combines a rigorous curriculum, extracurricular activities and corporate work experience to prepare students for success in college and beyond.
- The school has an innovative Work-Study Program in which every student works one day per week at a leading company in Philadelphia, including law firms, banks, hospitals, universities and other professional corporations. Students gain real work experience and earn real wages that offset the cost of their education.
- The funds students earn at their job coupled with the Cristo Rey Scholarship that every student receives upon enrolling at Cristo Rey, make a Cristo Rey education affordable for families. The average family contribution is $120/month.
Points Of Pride
- Graduates have 100% acceptance to a 4-year college or university
- 84% of alumni are persisting in college
- Students gain real work experience, professional skills and exposure to careers in the Work-Study Program.
- A Cristo Rey education is affordable for families.
- Cristo Rey has a new campus with state-of-the-art facilities that opened in 2019.
- The school has an expanding Athletics program with a new gym, fitness center and athletic field.
- Extracurricular activities include Student Government, Black Student Union, Latinx Student Org, Choir, Robotics and more.
- There are many student leadership opportunities.
- We take pride in our unique identity as a Catholic school for students of all faiths; current Cristo Rey Philadelphia students identify as Catholic, Christian, Buddhist, Muslim and having no particular faith tradition.
Please go to our website for the online application. View eligibility requirements below:
- Student must be rising 9th or 10th grader. We do not accept 11th and 12th grade transfers.
- All incoming 9th grade students must be 14 years old by September 1st of their freshman year as a requirement of the Work-Study Program. Please call the Admissions Office with any questions regarding student age requirements.
- The student's family must be financially eligible. The family of the student must be considered as having limited financial resources. Families that earn $60,000 or more annually should contact the Admissions Office prior to applying to determine eligibility.
Accreditations and Honors
Cristo Rey Philadelphia High School received their Middle States Certification in 2021.
Cristo Rey Philadelphia High School is a member of the Cristo Rey Network, which operates 38 schools nationwide and has received numerous accolades and awards:
- 2012 CLASSY Award: National Winner in Educational Advancement
- 2012 WISE (World Innovation Summit for Education) Award for the Corporate Work Study Program
- 2012: Cristo Rey Founder Fr. John Foley, S.J. honored at the White House with nine other Catholic education leaders named "Champions of Change"
Hours of Operation
|Mon||8:30 AM - 4:00 PM|
|Tues||8:30 AM - 4:00 PM|
|Wed||8:30 AM - 4:00 PM|
|Thur||8:30 AM - 4:00 PM|
|Fri||8:30 AM - 4:00 PM|
Extended Programming Details
All students are encouraged to join an after school activity or sport.