Cristo Rey Philadelphia High School
- Cristo Rey Philadelphia High School, a college preparatory, Catholic school for students of all faiths, nurtures and challenges young people to recognize and realize their full potential as they learn to love others, grow in their faiths, and serve the common good.
- The school combines a college-prep curriculum with corporate work experience to prepare students for success in college and beyond.
- The school has an innovative Work-Study Program in which every student works one day per week at a leading company in Philadelphia, including law firms, banks, hospitals, universities and other professional corporations. Students gain real work experience and earn real wages that offset the cost of their education.
- The funds students earn at their job coupled with the Cristo Rey Scholarship that every student receives upon enrolling at Cristo Rey, make a Cristo Rey education affordable for families. The average family contribution is $140/month.
Points Of Pride
100% of our graduates have been admitted to college
76% of alumni are persisting in college
Cristo Rey graduates earn Bachelor's Degrees in 6 years at rates more than 2x their peers
The average class earns approx. $10 million in college scholarships each year.
Students gain real work experience, practice professional skills and explore careers in the Work-Study Program. Cristo Rey has more than 90 job partners across different industries.
A Cristo Rey education is affordable for families. The average family contribution is $140/month. Contribution is assessed based on family income and size.
Cristo Rey has a new campus with state-of-the-art facilities that opened in 2019.
Our Blue Pride Athletics program is competitive with many sport offerings and new facilities, including a gym, fitness center, and athletic field.
Extracurricular activities include Leadership Council, Black Student Union, Latinx Student Org, Choir, Robotics, PRIDE and more.
There are many student leadership opportunities including House Captains, Team Captains, Student Ambassadors, Campus Ministry Student Leaders and Leadership Council.
We take pride in our unique identity as a Catholic school for students of all faiths. We have a diverse community of students from all faith backgrounds. Our Campus Ministry program is very inclusive and provides students opportunities to grow in their faith.
Cristo Rey is looking for motivated and hard-working students to join our Blue Pride Family!
Please go to our website for the online application at https://cristoreyphiladelphia.org/admissions/how-to-apply.
- Student must be a rising 9th grader. If your student would like to transfer to 10th grade, please contact the admissions office to see if we have available spots. We do not accept 11th and 12th grade transfers.
- All Incoming 9th grade students must be 14 years old by September 1st of their 9th grade year, as a requirement of the Work-Study Program
- Cristo Rey serves students from families with limited economic means. Families that earn $50,000 or more annually should contact the Admissions Office before applying to determine if they are financially eligible.
Accreditations and Honors
Cristo Rey Philadelphia High School received their Middle States Certification in 2021.
Cristo Rey has PAISAA Membership - We are eligible for Athletic State Tournament Participation.
Cristo Rey Philadelphia High School is a member of the Cristo Rey Network, which operates 38 schools nationwide and has received numerous accolades and awards:
- 2012 CLASSY Award: National Winner in Educational Advancement
- 2012 WISE (World Innovation Summit for Education) Award for the Corporate Work Study Program
- 2012: Cristo Rey Founder Fr. John Foley, S.J. honored at the White House with nine other Catholic education leaders named "Champions of Change”
Hours of Operation
|Mon||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Tues||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Wed||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Thur||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Fri||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
Extended Programming Details
All students are encouraged to join an after school activity or sport.