Edward Heston Elementary School
Our mission at Heston is a commitment to give our students the necessary skills to become self-motivated, life-long learners who create and continue a positive vision of themselves for now and the future. We strive to create an organized and consistent environment for our students, so they will be able to use a variety of strategies to succeed in all areas of their lives.
Points Of Pride
- 1. Heston's library program was restored by WePAC (West Philadelphia Alliance for Children)
- 2. Heston is one of the few PreK-8 public schools remaining in the West Parkside Community.
- 3. Offer a variety of extracurricular activities including after school programs for grades 3-8
- 4. Heston has an after school program sponsored by (NEW) Neighborhood Education Program, which provides homework help, robotics, basketball, sewing, and summer camp.
- 5. Faith-based partnership: Resurrection Baptist Church and Bibleway Baptist Church
Admissions PolicyStudents must live within designated catchment boundaries; students may apply to a school(s) outside of their neighborhood and will be considered via lottery based on a available space.
Accreditations and Honors
Heston was one of the first schools selected by the district for the Best Practice Award in 2004.
Hours of Operation