Esperanza Academy Charter High School
Esperanza Academy prepares critically thinking, socially capable, spiritually sensitive and culturally aware young adults who can use English, Spanish and technology as tools for success in the 21st century.
Points Of Pride
1. Esperanza Academy Charter High School outperforms every neighborhood high school in Philadelphia on the School Progress Report by a wide margin regardless of peer group and also outperforms all district-run schools within our peer group.
2. Esperanza Academy has maintained a graduation rate over 90 percent for the past six years.
3. Since 2010, over 65 percent of graduates have gone onto college within two years of their high school graduation date, demonstrating a freshman-to-sophomore college persistence rate of 78 percent. This is 10 percent above the national average.
4. Esperanza Academy students have achieved the sixth highest AP scores out of 82 high schools measured by the SPR, and we have more Advanced Placement (AP) course offerings than any other charter school in Philadelphia.
5. Esperanza Academy has had very high value added growth as measured by the state's PVAAS system in all grades and all subjects. Historically, Esperanza Academy has posted some of the top growth measures across all schools in the state of Pennsylvania.
6. Esperanza Academy Charter High School has been nationally recognized by U.S. News and World Report for three consecutive years with a silver or bronze medal, ranking us within the top 9 percent of high schools nationwide.
We accept any student who resides in the city of Philadelphia. Any interested parent or student may apply; a lottery will be held if more applications are received than spaces.
Accreditations and Honors
Hours of Operation
|Mon||8:00 AM - 4:30 PM|
|Tues||8:00 AM - 4:30 PM|
|Wed||8:00 AM - 4:30 PM|
|Thur||8:00 AM - 4:30 PM|
|Fri||8:00 AM - 4:30 PM|