Father Judge High School
MissionFather Judge High School provides a climate of academic excellence within a safe environment that respects the diversity of each student. Rooted in the spirituality of St. Francis de Sales, Judge educates the whole young man spiritually, intellectually, physically, emotionally and socially in the Catholic tradition.
Points Of Pride
- Educating young men in Northeast Philadelphia since 1954
- A partnership with the City of Philadelphia for the use and maintenance of the Ramp Playground, which is adjacent to the school
- The modern William F. Mitchell Activities Center, which was added to the campus in 2006
- The Salesian Spirituality of the Oblates of St. Francis de Sales
- The Accreditation for Growth instrument of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools outlined four objectives or goals for Judge in March 2010: Critical Reading and Writing, Mathematical Problem Solving, Technology Development and Catholic Identity
- Judge is a 1:1 school. Each of our students receive a Chromebook.
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) Center opened in January 2014.
- Beginning in Fall Semester 2019, a welding program is available to sophomores resulting in AWS certification, NOCTI and OHSA upon completion in 2022.
Father Judge is selective in its admissions standards. We admit students who we believe are prepared to be successful in a demanding high school environment on a rolling basis, which means we review your son's completed application and elementary school grades as soon as we receive each. We then mail offers of admission within approximately two weeks. We encourage your son to apply early as some students may be required to schedule an admissions interview based on the request of a Father Judge High School administrator.--We base Admission to Father Judge on the following:
- Mandatory scholarship/placement test scores
- Previous grade school academic achievement
- Previous grade school standardized test results
- Grade school attendance and discipline records
- Father Judge Class of 2026 Online Application for Admission
- Final 7th grade report card-* Most up-to-date 8th grade report card
- Most recent grade school standardized test results
- If applicable, most recent IEP, Psycho Educational Evaluation or 504 Plan in its entirety
- If your son currently receives any modified/accommodated curriculum, his current grade school must email a letter describing the modifications/accommodations in detail.
Accreditations and Honors
Accredited by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools (renewed in Fall 2017).
Hours of Operation
|Mon||7:30 AM - 3:30 PM|
|Tues||7:30 AM - 3:30 PM|
|Wed||7:30 AM - 3:30 PM|
|Thur||7:30 AM - 3:30 PM|
|Fri||7:30 AM - 3:30 PM|
Extended Programming Details
Tutoring is available Tuesday and Thursday mornings before school in any subject. After school tutoring is available Mondays and Wednesdays in the Brisson Center at FJHS. Peer tutoring with National Honor Society tutors is available each school day during the four lunch periods.