First Philadelphia Preparatory Charter School
MissionFirst Philadelphia provides a well-balanced literacy-based education that contributes to the formation of lifelong learners and leaders in the global community.
Points Of Pride
- First Philadelphia offers a robust arts and music program that now serves all grades, K through 12.
- The school has brand-new, state-of-the-art school buildings, complete with music and art rooms, science laboratories, a gymnasium and a theater.
- First Philadelphia provides a literacy-rich curriculum beginning in kindergarten.
Open to all students who live in Philadelphia. If there are more applications than available seats, a lottery will be held. The school’s enrollment policy gives priority to the following groups in this order: Sibling attending; Parent is staff member or board member, Lindley Academy Charter School 8th graders applying to 9th grade, Lives in Stearne Catchment Area, Franklin ES Catchment Area, Carnell Catchment Area, or Marshall, J Catchment Area (K-8th graders); Lives in Fels Catchment Area (9th-12th graders), Lives in Philadelphia.
Accreditations and Honors
- Met AYP these past 5 years
- Center for Character Education Partnership announced that First Philadelphia Preparatory Charter School was a 2009 and a 2010 National Award Winning School for its promising practices.
- On June 8, 2008, First Philadelphia Preparatory Charter School was accepted into the network of "No Excuses University".
- The Center for Leadership and Ethics selected American Paradigm Schools as a 2011 Pennsylvania School District of Character.
Hours of Operation