First Philadelphia provides a well-balanced literacy-based education that contributes to the formation of lifelong learners and leaders in the global community.
Points Of Pride
- First Philadelphia offers a robust arts and music program that now serves all grades, K through 12.
- The school has brand-new, state-of-the-art school buildings, complete with music and art rooms, science laboratories, a gymnasium and a theater.
- First Philadelphia provides a literacy-rich curriculum beginning in kindergarten.
First Philadelphia Preparatory Charter School is a tuition-free public school open to all children residing in the city of Philadelphia. The school does not require testing for admission purposes. The school does not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, color or creed. In the event that there are more applicants than available spaces, a public lottery will be conducted to select students. --Parents are required to submit sibling applications online.-First Philadelphia Preparatory Charter School is accepting applications for kindergarten through 12th grade. --Our charter with the School District of Philadelphia requires that we provide admission preferences for students who reside in the catchment area of the following schools:-Catchment area for K-8: E: Franklin, Carnell, John Marshall and Stearne-Catchment area for 9-12: Fels
Accreditations and Honors
- Met AYP these past 5 years
- Center for Character Education Partnership announced that First Philadelphia Preparatory Charter School was a 2009 and a 2010 National Award Winning School for its promising practices.
- On June 8, 2008, First Philadelphia Preparatory Charter School was accepted into the network of "No Excuses University".
- The Center for Leadership and Ethics selected American Paradigm Schools as a 2011 Pennsylvania School District of Character.
Hours of Operation
Extended Programming Details