Franklin Learning Center High School
FLC is an inclusive school community dedicated to providing a diverse student body with a rigorous and culturally-responsive education that prepares students with the professional and social skills they need to be outstanding community members of the city, nation, and world.
Points Of Pride
- Middle States Accredited School.
- We are a Title I Distinguished School, a national award given to superior Title I school programs across the country.
- Our students have proven success beyond the walls of our school. Some of the awards they'e received include state-level distinction for mock trial, national finalists in HOSA competitions and winner of Philadelphia Stock Market Competition.
- We were nationally recognized as a Blue Ribbon School of Excellence by the U.S. Department of Education in 2009 and 2012.
- Our school is a member of the 2016 blended-learning cohort.
Admissions PolicyStudents must meet specific grades (A's, B's with one C) and attendance marks (95%). Audition and portfolio required.
Accreditations and Honors
Title I Distinguished Reward Level School (2015 and 2016); Nationally recognized as a Blue Ribbon School of Excellence by the U.S. Department of Education (2009 and 2012).
The Flash is the student-run news media club from Franklin Learning Center. We provide the school community with accurate, up-to-date stories spanning a variety of national, local, and school-based topics. FLC’s original newspaper, The Flashcube, had been out of print for over ten years when, in 2016, a group of students united to rebrand and jumpstart the journalism program. Since then, The Flash FLC has grown to include hybrid print and web editions.
Our student reporters have won local and national awards including:
- The 2021 Mid-Atlantic Regional Student Award for Serious News (2021)
- Columbia Scholastic Press Association First Place Single Feature Photograph (2020)
- Columbia Scholastic Press Association Second Place Video News Package (2020)
Hours of Operation
|Mon||7:45 AM - 3:00 PM|
|Tues||7:45 AM - 3:00 PM|
|Wed||7:45 AM - 3:00 PM|
|Thur||7:45 AM - 3:00 PM|
|Fri||7:45 AM - 3:00 PM|