Freire Charter High School
- Application Deadline
- Extended Day
MissionFreire Charter School provides a college-preparatory learning experience with a focus on individual freedom, critical thinking and problem solving in an environment that emphasizes the values of community, teamwork and nonviolence.
Points Of Pride
Among our successes, we are proud to share the following statistics that highlight our students’ strength:
- 91% of the Freire High School Class of 2022 were accepted to college.
- The Class of 2022 graduates were accepted to at least 100 unique colleges and universities and earned over $6 million in scholarships and aid.
- Freire students beat local, state, and national averages year after year in their college persistence rates. In each graduating class, typically 89% to 92% of all of our first-year college freshmen return to college for their sophomore year. During COVID-19, we saw a slight decline to 81%, but this still far exceeds the national average of 69%. The Freire team is supporting students to stay on track during the unpredictability of this pandemic.
Open to all students who live in Philadelphia. If there are more applications than available seats, a lottery will be held. The school’s enrollment policy gives priority to the following groups in this order:
- Sibling attending; Sibling accepted offer
- Applicants of parents who have actively participated in the development of the school
- Applicants who live in Philadelphia
- Out-of-district PA resident.
Accreditations and Honors
First charter school in the state to receive the National Title I Distinguished School Award, 2010; EPIC Silver Award for Student Achievement, 2011; U.S. News & World Report Best High Schools Bronze Award, 2012; 4-time winner of Keystone Award for Academic Excellence; 21st Century Community Learning Center grant recipient; 2015 PA Distinguished Title 1 School.
Hours of Operation
|Mon||7:45 AM - 3:00 PM|
|Tues||7:45 AM - 3:00 PM|
|Wed||7:45 AM - 3:00 PM|
|Thur||7:45 AM - 3:00 PM|
|Fri||7:45 AM - 3:00 PM|