Kensington High School
To develop an intellectually capable young people, the creative mind, healthy bodies, and ethical spirits needed to contribute wisdom, compassion, and leadership to a global-society.
Points Of Pride
- We are proud of the "tiger" spirit that has helped us achieve:
- full accreditation by the Middle States Commission on-Elementary and Secondary Schools.
- Career and Technical (CTE) programs of study in Sports Marketing and Management, Engineering Technologies, and Computer Support Systems Technology
- Continuing education placement for our graduates at: Community College of Philadelphia, Penn State (Main, Berks, Abington, Schuylkill), Temple University, East Stroudsburg, West Chester, Connecticut College, Franklin & Marshall, LaSalle University, Fisher College, The Art Institute of Philadelphia, Albright College, Academy of Art University - San Francisco, New York College of Technology, and the military and trade schools.
- Partnerships with the St. Joseph's University.
- Committed community partnerships that build students' career and life skills including Philadelphia Academies, Inc., providing college experiences, internships, interviews, and job opportunities. Philadelphia Youth Network offering paid internship opportunities with major companies.
- Yearly increases in student achievement in Mathematics and English Language Arts
- WHYY Lab
- Library Initiative
- Rock-To-The-Future MusiCore Program (Drums, guitar, keyboard, choir, song writing)
Admissions PolicyServes students from catchment area. Students from outside catchment are selected in the lottery.
Accreditations and Honors
Middle States Commission on Elementary and Secondary Schools
Hours of Operation
|Mon||8:00 AM - 3:00 PM|