Lankenau Environmental Science Magnet High School
- Application Deadline
No Data Reported
- Extended Day
MissionLankenau Environmental Science Magnet High School is a community where students can develop their individual potential to become environmentally conscious, productive, and successful in their chosen fields of study and careers through the lens of environmental science. We will accomplish this in a safe and supportive environment through excellence in teaching and learning in partnership with family, community members, and business partners.
Points Of Pride
- Lankenau offers Advanced Placement courses in the following subjects: English Literature and Composition, English Language U.S. Government and Politics, Environmental Science, and U.S. History. The school also offers Honors courses.
- The school offers college dual enrollment through Arcadia University.
- Students, parents and staff engage in international travel to destinations. In SY 22-23, students will go to Costa Rica.
- Awards and accomplishments: National Honor Society, Poetry Out Loud National Recitation Contest, All-City Choir, Wellness Council
- First and only Natural Resources Management CTE program in the School District of Philadelphia effective SY 22-23.
- Environmental science focus: rain garden, recycling, composting, beekeeping, Paper Retriever, gardening, Model United Nations initiatives and Envirothon, hydroponics and aquaponics. Partnership with the Schuylkill Center for Environmental Education.
- Partnerships with the Schuylkill Center for Environmental Education, University of Pennsylvania, MANRRS, Eat Right Philly, Young Playwrights, InnerStrengths Foundation, Stepping Stone Scholars.
Students must meet specific grades (A's, B's) and no truancy or disciplinary events.
Accreditations and Honors2016 Silver Recognition and Bronze Recognition (U.S. News and World Report's 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 lists of Best U.S. High Schools); Pennsylvania Department of Education, Division of Federal Programs honored Lankenau as a 2015, 2016, & 2017 Title I Distinguished School and awarded it a 2015 Innovation Grant.
Hours of Operation