Memphis Street Academy Charter School
Memphis Street Academy's mission is to provide caring and customized learning experiences that ignite our scholars' desire to achieve optimal outcomes in school and life.
MSA's mission is supported by two programs that address not only the academic needs of our scholars but their social and emotional learning as well. MSA offers a Personalized Learning experience in a Caring School Community.
Memphis Street Academy Charter School Is…
- A Caring School Community where children experience a “democratic-values” approach to learning. This means being inclusive, respecting differences, caring about fellow scholars, and being intrinsically motivated to do the right thing.
- A place to experience diversity in their neighborhood, as well as in music, art, and a variety of physical and social activities every day.
- A place where children can develop their ability to problem solve and collaborate.
- A place where children can become confident learners.
Points Of Pride
- School-Based Health Center
- Personalized Learning
- Caring School Community
- One to One Technology
- Art, Music and STEM Education
- Library with Extended Hours
- Small Class Size
- MPAA Athletics including Soccer, Baseball, Softball, Volleyball, Bowling, Flag Football Basketball, and many more
- MSA Clubhouse including Robotics, Pep Squad, Yoga, Reading Olympics, Choir, Chess Club and many more
Admissions PolicyMemphis Street Academy Charter School at J.P. Jones is a tuition-free public school open to all children residing in the City of Philadelphia. The school does not require testing for admission purposes. The school does not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, color, or creed. In the event there are more applicants than spaces, a public lottery will be conducted to select students.--Memphis Street Academy Charter School is accepting applications for grades Fifth through Eighth grade. Our charter with the School District requires that we provide admission preferences for students who reside in the attendance zones of the following schools:--CATCHMENT AREA FOR FIFTH- EIGHTH GRADE:-Richmond Elementary, Sheridan Elementary, Webster Elementary, Willard Elementary- -We are also accepting applications from those who live in the same above designated school areas who have attended a Parochial School, Charter School or Private School.
Accreditations and Honors
2013 Promising Practices in Charter Education Award
Caring School Community
Hours of Operation
|Mon||8:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|Tues||8:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|Wed||8:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|Thur||8:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|Fri||8:00 AM - 4:00 PM|