- Application Deadline
- Extended Day
Before Care;After Care
MissionFounded in 1920 by the Sisters of Saint Joseph, Norwood-Fontbonne Academy is a Catholic independent academy for preschool to eighth grade students. Committed to a strong academic program, Norwood-Fontbonne Academy offers both Montessori and creative interactive education enriched by service learning, outreach, STEM, and co-curricular experiences. Within a faith-filled community, students are challenged to become self-directed persons who live gospel values, enjoy learning, make reflective choices, and treasure themselves, others, and the Earth.
Points Of Pride
1. 2014 National Blue Ribbon School
2. Dual-Path program (Montessori or Primary) for ages 3 to grade 3. The two paths merge into the challenging, active learning experiences of intermediate grades 4 and 5, and a middle school model, grades 6 to 8.
3. Only one of six Montessori-accredited schools in the state of Pennsylvania; 51 years of Montessori education.
4. Students matriculate to the area's most selective Catholic and independent high schools.
5. Catholic values
6. Service Learning at all grade levels
7. Co-curricular offerings (60+) annually that span all ages
8. Unique indoor and outdoor learning spaces tailored to the needs of different age groups
All applicants complete an Admissions Application Form and return this via mail or in person to NFA with a $110 application fee. Placement into our program is an important element of the admissions process. Whether you are considering our Montessori program, our Primary program, our Intermediate program (grades 4 and 5), or our Middle School program (grades 6 to 8), the NFA admissions process is a collaborative discussion between parents (or guardians) and representatives from the school. All applicants participate in an on-campus assessment and visit, when appropriate. The evaluation of input from parents, previous educators, the child's visit allows the NFA Admissions team to determine acceptance and the appropriate placement of each applicant.
Accreditations and Honors
Middle States Commission on Elementary Schools; American Montessori Society; Blue Ribbon School of Excellence - 2014
Hours of Operation
|Mon||7:45 AM - 3:00 PM|
|Tues||7:45 AM - 3:00 PM|
|Wed||7:45 AM - 3:00 PM|
|Thur||7:45 AM - 3:00 PM|
|Fri||7:45 AM - 3:00 PM|
Extended Programming Details
Before Care: allows children to start their day on campus as early as 6:45 a.m. (operates daily).
After Care: provides extended care for students, age 3 to grade 6 from 3:00 to 6:00 p.m. (operates daily beginning first full day).