Parkway West High School
Parkway West is a small special admission college prep high school. Our mission is to ensure that all students reach their personal and academic potential and become productive citizens who are lifelong learners. Our mission will be achieved by providing a safe and nurturing learning environment, excellence in teaching and learning, and collaboration with our families and community partners.
In partnership with Philadelphia Academies, Inc., Parkway offers an Early Childhood Education CTE program whose mission is to address the need for qualified teachers in the city’s schools. The program is designed to introduce students to careers in the field of education, while emphasizing the use of technology and preparing them for entrance into college. Students participate in summer internships in the education field. Students who complete the program will have the opportunity to earn their Child Development Associate (CDA) credential, as well as up to 9 college credits
Points Of Pride
- A rigorous academic program-Advanced Placement Courses and Dual Enrollment Opportunities
- Early Childhood Education Pathway-Students are eligible to earn their Child Development Associate (CDA) credential at the end of their 12th grade year.
- Articulation with Community College of Philadelphia that provides nine college credits and opportunity for further study.
- A partnership with 1199C provides students with the opportunity to participate in their Apprenticeship in ECE program, a CDA to Associate's Degree program that is an employer partnership in which apprentices work while earning credits.
- A six week summer internship placing students in Keystone STAR 4 rated programs throughout Philadelphia.
- A partnership with the School District of Philadelphia that guarantees students a teaching position upon completion of their degree and certification.
- Parkway West provides state-of-the-art technology.
- Parkway West has active college partnerships and workshops.
- Parkway West hosts an annual college fair and career day.
PWHS conducts admission during SDP 's School Selection Process.
- grades consisting of As, Bs, and no more than one C on their most recent final report card
- attended school 95% or more days.
- proficient/advanced on their 7th Grade PSSA exams.
Accreditations and Honors
Middle State Accredited
Hours of Operation
|Mon||7:30 AM - 2:30 PM|
|Tues||7:30 AM - 2:30 PM|
|Wed||7:30 AM - 2:30 PM|
|Thur||7:30 AM - 2:30 PM|
|Fri||7:30 AM - 2:30 PM|