People for People Charter School
The underlying purpose of The People for People Charter School is to equip students with a challenging educational program in which the fundamentals of entrepreneurship are the primary focus. Economic, community and career education are integrated into all subject areas and throughout all grades. Students acquire necessary knowledge, skills and interests through a highly experiential program that prepares them to take responsibility for their own lives and to participate actively in their communities.
Points Of Pride
- At People for People Charter School, we believe that each of our students has the power to change the world, and we are relentlessly committed to providing every single student with an excellent education.
- We provide students with a rigorous, standards-based, and data-driven education anchored in the principles of exploratory and investigative learning. We challenge students to be critical thinkers and independent learners, who are inquisitive, confident, and resilient.
- We focus on educating the whole child, holding students accountable for their choices in a restorative and nurturing way. We celebrate their successes and help them learn from their mistakes. We value our students' families as integral partners in the learning experience. We strive to create a safe and engaging space that welcomes our families and leaves them confident that their students are in good hands.
Admissions PolicyOpen to all students who live in Philadelphia. If there are more applications than available seats, a lottery will be held. The school’s enrollment policy gives priority to the following groups in this order: Sibling attending, Lives in Philadelphia, Out-of-district PA resident
Accreditations and Honors
People for People Charter School is proud of its many partnerships with community organizations:
- Achievement Network
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southeastern Pennsylvania
- Education Plus Health
- Education Works
- Junior Achievement of Southeastern Pennsylvania
- Philadelphia Young Life
- Philadelphia Youth Orchestra
- Tune Up Philly
- Salvation Army of Greater Philadelphia
- Springboard Collaborative
- Teach For America
Interested in working with our students and families? Contact our Principal, Corey Dwyer, at [email protected]
Hours of Operation
|Mon||7:30 AM - 4:00 PM|
|Tues||7:30 AM - 4:00 PM|
|Wed||7:30 AM - 4:00 PM|
|Thur||7:30 AM - 4:00 PM|
|Fri||7:30 AM - 4:00 PM|