To educate each student according to age and development so that learning and growth are united; to integrate the developing mind and body of the student through academics and the performing arts and sciences; to ensure each student's excellence in core and academic skills; to awaken and preserve the spirit of our students through the visual and digital arts, vocal arts, instrumental music, creative writing, classical ballet, foreign language and innovations in the field of science, all intertwined with technology; and to nourish this spirit and curiosity so that students continue to flourish long after the end of formal training.
Points Of Pride
- Philadelphia Performing Arts is one of only a few K-12 schools in the city of Philadelphia. Students remain enrolled through 12th grade once accepted and do not need to reapply each year.
- In additional to their academic curriculum, every student in Kindergarten through 4th grade attend 7 additional classes per week: Classical Ballet, Vocal, Violin/ Instrumental, Science Lab, Fine Arts, Creative Writing, and French. In 5th Grade, students select 2 of these courses to focus on before selecting a major to pursue from 6th-12th grade.
- Apple has chosen Philadelphia Performing Arts as one of only 12 schools around the world to be featured on the company's website. To view the school's feature on Apple.com, click here: http://www.apple.com/education/real-stories/string-theory-schools/?CID=mkts-edu-ST-smtk.
- Recognized as a Top 10 Pennsylvania Charter Elementary School, 2021, U.S. News
- Recognized as a High Academic Growth School on Great Philly Schools
- 1 of only a few schools in the city of Philadelphia to have an official sized swimming pool on location.
- The admissions process is conducted through a lottery system. The lottery will take place on February 9, 2022 for the 2022-2023 school year. The application deadline for this lottery is January 24, 2022. Kindergarten applicants must be 5 years old by September 1st of each school year.
- East Campus: K and 1st grade
- West Campus: 2nd to 5th grades
- (See Vine Street Campus for 6th-12th grades.)
Accreditations and Honors
- Philadelphia Performing Arts was awarded the largest Charter in the city of Philadelphia with 2500 students in Kindergarten-12th grade
- Philadelphia Performing Arts is an Apple Distinguished School, based on the school's integration of Apple technology into the students' learning experience.
- In 2004 and 2009, Performing Arts was the only charter in Philadelphia to be renewed without any recommendations.
- In September 2012, the school was awarded a $1.5 million grant from Philadelphia School Partnership for the purpose of duplicating the String Theory model.
Hours of Operation
|Sun|| - |
|Mon||7:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|Tues||7:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|Wed||7:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|Thur||7:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|Fri||7:00 AM - 3:30 PM|
|Sat|| - |
Extended Programming Details
Grades K-1 are located in the East Campus building at 2407 South Broad Street.