Philadelphia Performing Arts: A String Theory Charter School (Vine Street Campus)
- Application Deadline
- Extended Day
- Graduation Rate
To educate each student according to age and development so that learning and growth are united; to integrate the developing mind and body of the student through academics and the performing arts and sciences; to ensure each student's excellence in core and academic skills; to awaken and preserve the spirit of our students through the visual and digital arts, vocal arts, instrumental music, creative writing, classical ballet, foreign language, innovations in the field of science, all intertwined with technology, and; to nourish this spirit and curiosity so that students continue to flourish long after the end of formal training.
Points Of Pride
The admissions process is conducted through a lottery system. The lottery will take place on Wednesday, February 8, 2023 for the 2023-2024 school year. The application deadline for this lottery is January 31, 2023. Kindergarten applicants must be 5 years old by September 1st of each school year.
The Vine Street Campus houses students in grades 6 to 12. Please see the East and West Campuses page for grades K to 5.
Accreditations and Honors
- Recognized as a Top Public High School in Philadelphia, 2020, Philadelphia Magazine
- Philadelphia Performing Arts has a 99% graduation rate and 97% college acceptance rate.
- Students participate in All City Choir and Orchestra with a student winning 2nd place in the Concerto competition in 2020.
- Winner B101 Christmas Choir Competition, 9th-12th Grade Division.
- Recognized by George Lucas's education foundation, Edutopia.
- Formally recognized as an Apple Distinguished School.
- Teams of students competed successfully as Finalists and First & Second Prize Winners at three University of Pennsylvania Wharton competitions.
- High school students participate in dual enrollment programs with Drexel University, University of the Arts, Cabrini College, University of Pennsylvania, Johns Hopkins University Center for Talented Youth, and Community College of Philadelphia; students have the opportunity to enroll in a course called, "Coded by Kids," which teaches coding to students.
- Students received two gold medals and one certificate of recognition in Le Grand Concours (National French Contest), 2015.
Hours of Operation
|Mon||7:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|Tues||7:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|Wed||7:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|Thur||7:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|Fri||7:00 AM - 3:30 PM|