Russell Byers Charter School
- Application Deadline
No Data Reported
- Extended Day
The Russell Byers Charter School provides students roots in a safe, stimulating environment with a rigorous education grounded in Expeditionary Learning. Our students take responsibility for their learning to become powerful communicators, creative problem solvers and compassionate, engaged citizens. Russell Byers students develop wings to succeed in selective schools and embrace a love of learning.
Points Of Pride
- 1. Early Learning: Our students start at age 4 - for the full day!
- 2. Expeditionary Learning: Our kids learn by doing and teamwork - they're part of a "crew."
- 3. The Whole Child: We take joy seriously--music, art, dance, Spanish, physical education and chess are all part of a RBCS education.
- 4. Partnerships: Philadelphia is our classroom--over 25 incredible institutions and organizations are our teachers.
- 5. Ours for Life: We support our students for life - to college and career with a college counselor!
Open to all students who live in Philadelphia. If there are more applications than available seats, a lottery will be held. Starting with SY 2022-2023 the school’s enrollment policy gives priority to the following groups in this order: Sibling attending, Parent is staff member, board member, or founder, student lives in Philadelphia.
Accreditations and Honors
AYP - 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2004; City Council Citation - 2011, 2004---RBCS has been the only Expeditionary Learning school in the state of Pennsylvania for the past 12 years. In 2013, we were ranked in PennCAN's Top Ten Schools in Pennsylvania under the category, "Black Student Performance."
Hours of Operation