St. Christopher School
St. Christopher School, founded in 1953 in the spirit of our patron, is committed to carrying Christ to others and fostering Academic Excellence. Through the modeling and teaching of Catholic, Christian morals and values, the school community creates a safe, respectful environment which promotes Christian stewardship. We aspire to develop well-rounded, 21st century students, empowered by their foundation to be responsible citizens, life-long learners, and people of faith.
Points Of Pride
- The school has a number of partnerships, including ones with the Liberty Museum of Philadelphia (Young Heroes Club) and the UPenn Distributed Leadership Cohort.
- St. Christopher School students have demonstrated high levels of achievement. Seventeen Neumann Scholars have graduated from the school.
- Academics are rigorous. The school has a focus on 21st century learning and includes instruction in Faith and Character Education. Additionally, students in grades PK-8 can participate in the Lab Learner Science Program. The program provides hands-on instruction and a state-of-the-art science lab.
- Rosetta Stone Language Program is used for instruction in Spanish in Grades 5-8.
- The school has a strong anti-bullying program (Jeremiah Program).
- Fine Arts Program includes choir and an annual play production.
- NDS (Nutritional Development) provides FREE daily breakfast and lunch for ALL students.
- CYO (Catholic Youth Organization) provides a variety of sports including: track, soccer, baseball, softball, basketball, and swimming.
Agreement with school's mission and philosophy; Age of child in accordance with State of PA requirements for entrance into Kindergarten and as prescribed by school for pre-K
Accreditations and Honors
- Middle States Association 2015
- University of Pennsylvania Distributed Leadership Cohort 2012 - 2014
- Charter member of National Junior Honor Society Spring, 2013 - current
Hours of Operation
|Mon||7:30 AM - 4:00 PM|
|Tues||7:30 AM - 4:00 PM|
|Wed||7:30 AM - 4:00 PM|
|Thur||7:30 AM - 4:00 PM|
|Fri||7:30 AM - 4:00 PM|
Extended Programming Details
- Before CARE begins at 6:30am
- After CARE is from 3:00pm - 6:00pm