St. Monica School
Sister Regina Matulka IHM
- Phone Number
- SEPTA Routes
BSL (Oregon), Bus (2, 17)
- Application Deadline
No Data Reported
- Extended Day
Founded in 1911, St. Monica School is rich in history. Generations of children have been educated at St. Monica School and have gone on to lead very successful lives. St. Monica School is known for its strong Catholic identity, its fine academic programs, and the character building that is such a vibrant part of its school. The Sisters, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, serve in the area of administration and in other roles within the school community. The faculty comprises laymen and laywomen who are very dedicated to the school and its mission.
Points Of Pride
- 1. Rated one of the top five schools in Philadelphia by greatphillyschools.org in 2015
- 2. Staffed and directed by the Sisters, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary
- 3. Acceptance of diversity demonstrated through a strong respect shown for one another
- 4. Educating generations of students in South Philadelphia
- 5. Strong moral, Catholic values instilled in our students
- 6. Our school slogan is "St. Monica School -- the pride of South Philly"
Please call to schedule an appointment for a tour and to register students in grades kindergarten through eighth. The following documentation is required to register new students: birth certificate, baptismal certificate (if student is Catholic and was baptized in a parish other than St. Monica), up-to-date immunization records including varicella (chicken pox), Social Security number, copies of most recent report card and standardized testing results (grades 1st through 8th), and registration fee of $100 per child up to three children.
Accreditations and Honors
Middle States Accreditation; NJHS for grades 7th and 8th
Hours of Operation