Tacony Academy Charter High School
The mission of Tacony Academy Charter School is to enhance, support and promote creative and critical thinking and problem-solving skills of school-age learners in the making of original inventions as amazing solutions to puzzling problems while mastering Pennsylvania and national standards.
Points Of Pride
We provide each kindergarten through twelfth grade student the opportunity to learn about the art of invention and applied science. This is accomplished through a curriculum focused on problem-solving that emphasizes the creative process, critical thinking and inquiry. As a community, we empower students to succeed in both college and career by inspiring students to engage in higher-order thinking and lifelong learning.
Tacony Academy Charter School is designed to provide an enhanced learning environment for students that includes smaller class sizes and a non-traditional calendar that builds in significant opportunities for early identification of at-risk students, remediation, and enrichment.
Tacony Academy Charter School is a tuition-free public school open to all children residing in the city of Philadelphia. The school does not require testing for admission purposes. The school does not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, color or creed. In the event there are more applicants than spaces, a public lottery will be conducted to select students.
Tacony Academy Charter School is accepting applications for kindergarten through 12th grade. Our charter with the School District of Philadelphia requires that we provide admission preferences for students who reside in the attendance zones of the following schools:
- K-8: Crossan, Farrell, Moore, Rhawnhurst, Solis-Cohen, Ethan Allen, Disston and Spruance
- 9-12: Lincoln and Northeast
We are also accepting applications from those who live in the same above designated school areas who have attended a parochial school, charter school or private school.
Accreditations and Honors
- The Center for Character Education Partnership named Tacony Academy Charter School as a 2010 National Award Winning School for their promising practices
- All of the students at Tacony Academy Charter have embraced the school's Caring School Community model of character development
- The Center for Leadership and Ethics has selected Tacony Academy Charter school as a 2011 Pennsylvania School District of Character
Hours of Operation
|Mon||8:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|Tues||8:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|Wed||8:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|Thur||8:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|Fri||8:00 AM - 4:00 PM|