The City School at Fairmount
MissionThe City School's mission is to train students' minds, disciple their hearts and bring light to the city -- one child at a time. For 35 years, our commitment to this mission has guided us as we prepare students to thrive in school, in college, at home and in life.
Points Of Pride
- Our five core commitments are to Jesus, Shalom, the City, Excellence and Accessibility.
- Jesus: We strive to demonstrate the love and grace of Jesus in all we do.
- Shalom: We pursue a right relationship with God, ourselves, others and creation.
- The City: We view the city as a classroom, taking full advantage of Philadelphia's world-class institutes of art, science and history.
- Excellence and Accessibility: We believe an excellent education should be accessible to students across the spectrum of academic abilities, financial backgrounds and faiths.
- Small class sizes and a nurturing community are also points of pride.
We desire to make an excellent, Private Christian education accessible for students in the city. If your child has an IEP, it must be submitted and reviewed for approval before submitting an application, since our support services are limited.
- Apply online at www.cityschool.org/admissions
- Testing will be scheduled following receipt of any requested documents
- A family interview is a time for us to get to know our prospective students and their parents. It's also a time for you to speak directly to the school principal and ask any questions you may have.
- Decision-Upon acceptance your child will complete our Enrollment process to become a member of The City School family
Accreditations and HonorsThe City School is fully accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, the Street School Network and the Association of Christian Schools International.
Hours of Operation
|Mon||8:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|Tues||8:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|Wed||8:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|Thur||8:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|Fri||8:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
Extended Programming Details
The extended day program runs from 3:30 -6:00 pm and offers homework help, arts & crafts and indoor/outdoor physical activity