Ms. Gretchen Stewart
- Phone Number
- SEPTA Routes
- Application Deadline
No Data Reported
- Extended Day
Vare-Washington Elementary is a premier public school that fosters our students' innate curiosity, individuality, and ambition, supporting them to become critical thinkers, leaders, and change agents in their chosen disciplines.
The mission of Vare-Washington Elementary is to support our students to develop their passions, sharpen their talents, and excel academically and socially in their chosen high school.
Points Of Pride
Vare-Washington has numerous points of pride! Our goal is to be the premier elementary school in the city of Philadelphia, and a flagship school for the country. To this end, we have built a program that will foster true renaissance students, giving them the opportunity to immerse themselves in many rich experiences. Below is just a sampling of all that we have to offer our students and community:
- After-School All Stars: free after-school programming for grades 5 to 8 from 3 to 6pm.
- United Communities : after-school programming for grades K-4 from 3 to 6pm.
- Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts
- Kinderjazz in partnership with the Kimmel Center-Dance Exchange in partnership with BalletX-Science Olympiad
- Golf team-FAST provides family workshops -Eat.Right.Now provides healthy eating programming.
- Partnerships with Dickinson Square West Civic Association, Queen Village Civic Association, Passyunk Civic Association, the Philadelphia Education Fund, Friends of Vare-Washington, Jounce, MedCo, Mt. Moriah Temple Church, Old Pine Community Center, PREP Charter, SouthEast Philadelphia Collaborative, Society Hill Synagogue, First District City Council, PLAY 60 and Lowe's South Philadelphia.
Admissions PolicyStudents must live within designated catchment boundaries; students may apply to a school(s) outside of their neighborhood and will be considered via lottery based on a available space.
Accreditations and Honors
Vare-Washington is fully accredited via the School District of Philadelphia and the State of Pennsylvania.
Hours of Operation