Visitation B.V.M. School
Visitation BVM School was founded in 1883 as a "Beacon of Hope" for families of our neighborhood. Located next to the Huntingdon El stop Visitation Church, School, Community Center, gardens and playground stand out as a place of welcome. Throughout our 135 year history families of many cultures and languages have called Visitation home. Visitation strengthens the intellect, faith, and morals of our students in a safe, welcoming environment. Multiple generations of families, new families to the area as well as new Americans, will find Visitation as a place where they feel valued. A blend of old world values and new ideas smooth the road for our students acclimating themselves to a changing social landscape.
Points Of Pride
- 1. Children's Literacy Initiative's Blueprint for Early Literacy starting in Pre-K and Kindergarten and up to third grade has students reading, writing, identifying punctuation and more as early as age four.
- 2. Grades 4 through 8 have a one to one chrome book to student ratio
- 3. Students in the lower grades have opportunities to work with iPads.
- 4. Over 90% of our families receive financial aid
- 5. There has been a student Nuemann scholarship winner with a four year scholarship to an Archdiocesan school of choice.
- 6. Musicopia grant music programs to several grades. Programs include: violins, ball room dance, and choir.
- 7. Participation in CYO Basketball and other clubs such as, chess, March Madness academic competition team, and gaming club, and student senate.
Admissions PolicyStudents must have an up-to-date shot record, and must be potty-trained before entering pre-K and kindergarten. Students entering the primary grades must meet with the principal before admission.
Accreditations and HonorsMiddle States Accreditation
Hours of Operation